Thursday 24 December 2009

Book Review: Power of Now


On another persons recommendation, I purchased this book last year, but as I began reading it, I lost interest.  Somehow (thanks to Dev and few other random people), this book once again ended up in my hands.  As I began to read it, this time in India during an intense fellowship, it began to make a lot more sense.  At times when I was getting upset about the past or future, what I should be doing, what I'm suppose to be working on,... etc, this book helped me to get back to the present moment.  Totally coherent with the Landmark Forum philosophy, Eckhart quotes many Eastern spiritual texts (Hinduism, Buddhism, Zen and Christianity) to explain the concept of false ego and how to become an observer of this.  He speaks about our true nature beyond ego and how to interact with other people, leading to 'enlightened relationships' as a result of this new found awareness.


From Ekchart Tolle website:
To make the journey into the Now we will need to leave our analytical mind and its false created self, the ego, behind. From the very first page of this extraordinary book, we move rapidly into a significantly higher altitude where we breathe a lighter air. We become connected to the indestructible essence of our Being, “The eternal, ever present One Life beyond the myriad forms of life that are subject to birth and death.” Although the journey is challenging, Eckhart Tolle uses simple language and an easy question and answer format to guide us.

Eckhart Tolle Website

Buy on Amazon

No comments: