Monday 7 December 2009

Photos: Himalayan Pilgrimage "Char Dham Yatra"

I have finally got round to uploading photos from a two week trip to the Himalaya's we did as part of my volunteering time at Manav Sadhna. I was there from March to May 2009 and this was there annual vacation.  There were 43 of us in total lead by the Shiva-bhakta himself, Virenbhai Joshi.  Unfortunately, Jayeshbhai was unavailable to be with us during the trip and we missed him very much.

Going to the Himalayas is a once in a lifetime experience - which left me speechless on many occasions.  No words or pictures can convey my feelings during the trip, but its fair to say that I now see why many Hindu's see these majestic mountains as the connection from Earth to Heaven.  I have a new awe and inspiration of nature and spirituality.



No comments: